FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE DIRECTGOV VIDEO
Boiler Scrappage Scheme now closed, but vouchers still to be redeemed
Hale & Co (Drybrook) Ltd, are encouraging householders to take advantage of the Government’s boiler scrappage scheme.
Get £400 or more (some suppliers are offering discounts on top) off a new A-rated boiler from Hale & Co, when you scrap your old, inefficient G-rated boiler (see “Is your boiler G-rated?” below).
2nd February 2010
The Government’s scheme will support up to 125,000 householders looking to upgrade from a ‘G’ rated boiler to an ‘A’ rated one, helping to reduce CO2 emissions and save money through improved efficiency.
It’s more common for boilers to break down during the winter months when it‘s cold and they are working extra-hard, so tradespeople who are called in to run checks or inspect them should ensure their client is fully aware of the scrappage scheme and encourage them to take advantage of this if they choose to purchase a new boiler.
What is the purpose of the boiler scrappage scheme?
The UK has one of the most ambitious CO2 emission reduction targets in the world. The installation of an efficient heating system is an effective way of reducing household energy bills and CO2 emissions, as domestic heating accounts for 14 per cent of the UK's CO2 emissions.
What are the benefits in upgrading your boiler?
New boilers have rated efficiencies of 90 per cent or more meaning that they use less fuel, resulting in lower CO2 emissions and running costs. Renewable heat technologies do not use fossil fuels, reducing CO2 emissions still further.
Who is eligible for the scheme?
The Scheme is open to householders in England living in an
owned or privately rented home with a G rated boiler or older.
Is your boiler G-rated?
It probably is, if it is:
• Gas fired with a permanent pilot light
Check eligibility here: http://www.governmentboiler-scrappagescheme.info/EligibilityCheck.php
Which boilers and boiler manufacturers can the £400 vouchers (see below) be redeemed against?
Vouchers can be redeemed against a boiler which is A-rated, or equivalent, gas, oil or LPG, boilers with a Passive Flue Heat Recovery Device, Micro CHP units or Microgeneration Certification Scheme-registered biomass boilers and heat pumps. Solar Thermal is also eligible if combined with an eligible boiler replacement. Electric boilers are not eligible.
1) You need to get a quote from an Installer who is GasSafe or OFTEC registered.
2) Collate the following Information and Call the “ACT ON
CO2” advice line on 0800 512 012 or visit
www.energysavingtrust.org.uk giving them;
The £400 voucher
• You will receive the voucher approximately ten days after application. Vouchers are valid for 12 weeks from date of issue.
• Once you have received your voucher, you can then proceed with the installation. You will need to pay for the new boiler and installation upfront and then claim back the £400 by sending off the voucher and relevant invoice.
• If you proceed with your installation before you receive your voucher, this will invalidate your claim and you will no longer be eligible for the £400 rebate.
• Payment will be issued within 25 working days of receipt of the voucher and invoice.
• Further information can be found on the Energy Saving Trust website www.energysavingtrust.org.uk or Directgov http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Nl1/Newsroom/DG_183748
You can get a new A-rated boiler from Hale & Co.
Phone 01594 545300 or call in and see David or Trevor at our Heating and Plumbing centre (bring with you full details of the boiler to be replaced, if appropriate)